1-610-265-8050 erik@snyderinjurylaw.com

Who pays for my medical bills after I’ve been in a car accident?

Hi, I’m Erik Snyder from Snyder Law Group.

A question I’m often asked by our clients is who will pay for my medical treatment following a car accident?

Under Pennsylvania law, all automobile insurance policies and drivers are required to have at least $5,000 of medical benefits coverage regardless of who’s at fault. $5,000 is not a lot and you can purchase more. I recommend that you do especially with today’s ever increasing healthcare expenses and costs.

After the first party medical benefits coverage, one would use their own individual health insurance policy or, if they don’t have one, sometimes doctors and other healthcare providers will accept a letter of protection which means they’ll treat you now with an agreement to get paid back upon the resolution of your lawsuit.

If you have anymore questions, give me a call at 610-265-8050.